Archive for March, 2011
I am proposing a warm-up for the Jr. High track and field team, click here for an example. We would order the black with purple trim. Comments I have received have been that people are tired of purple, so I thought the black with purple trim would be acceptable, especially since they are going to be wearing black or purple shorts with the new uniform tops. You can see the sizing and pricing on the attached. Hopefully we will have at least 12 which would make them $59. If I can get this order placed on or before Thursday, March 31, we can get the embroidering free, which may reduce the pricing. I’ll try to call today and find out. Please let me know ASAP if your child would like to order and what size. If possible pant and top, I could get the money from you tomorrow at the meet.
THE KIDS DID AN AWESOME JOB AT THE MEET TUESDAY NIGHT! Girls got 1st by a ton of points (101.50) and boys got 2nd with (58 points)! Thanks to all who came out and supported the team, assisted with the meet, and brought snacks and drinks. At the end of the meet all the food and drinks were gone, so the kids really needed and enjoyed them.
Girls – Team Rankings – 11 Events Scored
1) Bowling Green 101.50 2) Warren East 39.50
3) South Warren 30 4) Warren Central 29
5) Greenwood 5
Boys – Team Rankings – 12 Events Scored
1) South Warren 75 2) Bowling Green 58
3) Warren Central 46 4) Greenwood 35
5) Warren East 23
** In addition two athletes Paige Hiltner and Brittney Hansen combined to break three school records. Paige set a new school record in the 100 meter hurdles with a time of 18.2! Congratulations Paige! Brittney Hansen the new kid on campus has only been with BGJHS for a little over a month set two new BGJHS school records. Brittney won the 1600m with a time of 5:39.1 followed by fellow teammate 6th grader Madisyn Peoples! Awesome job you two! Brittney also showed she can change gears from a distance runner to being a sprinter. Brittney ran a new school record in the 400m with a time of 1:06.0! Again great job to both the boys and girls team for all their hard work. If you would like to see the results from this meet please visit here.
1. PRACTICE: Full team practice on Saturday from 11-1 at BGHS. If it is raining at 11, there will be no practice. Normal practice on Monday with meet on Tuesday.
2. Attached is a revised Meet Schedule for your information. As you can see, there are no meets during Spring Break. However, Coach Holmes and I are is going to be in town some of the time and will be determining if we can hold practice during the Break. We’ll let you know on that next week. He may also prepare a workout schedule for those going out of town to do themselves. It is important that they get some practice in during the break or else they will lose their endurance and strength they have worked on so far and basically be starting all over again.
3. Next meet is Tuesday, March 29, at Warren East. I believe the bus will be taking the kids directly from school to Warren East. We have been told that the meet will start as soon as all the teams have arrived, so can’t tell you an exact time, but would anticipate no earlier than 4:00. Once again, there will be a parent sign out sheet for you to sign if you take your child home from the meet instead of having them ride the bus back to BGJHS.
4. Order of Meet Events, many of you have asked about the order of events at the meets. Per Coach, the order should be the same at all meets as it was last night (not including field events not held last night), which was:
- 4 x 800
- 100m dash
- 4 x 200
- 4 x 100
- 300 hurdles
- 3200 (most events will not include this because it takes so much time)
- 4 x 400
5. Also click here for the Parent Volunteer Sign-up Sheets for snacks, drinks, concession and apparel volunteers (look beyond the first page). If you are signed up for a date, please check it to see who else is also signed up and contact them to coordinate who will bring what. Thank you to all those who have signed up! If you are signed up for April 29, I’m not sure we will need you for that date, but will let you know when the time gets closer.
1. Remember, the kids love snacks after any practice day, so feel free to bring some anytime when you come to pick up your child. It’s a great reward for all their hard work!
2. Also, you may now go to purplestriders.com, our new website, to see the latest news, pics, information, and links related to BG Track and Field. A huge thank you to Jeff Hansen (you’re more than welcome) for doing this for us.
That’s it for now. Have a blessed weekend.
Debby Peeples, CCIM