Posts tagged bowling green junior high
Track and Field Conditioning will start on February 6th at 3:30 p.m. at BGHS. All students participating must have a current physical or get one before Feb 6th. Click here if you need a Physical Form. Physicals are good for one year. That means 365 days not 366 days. So make sure and get them done ASAP.If you have any questions, contact Coach Flemister at email@example.com
To print your own 5×7, click here If you would like another size please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
You should have already received the alert from BGJHS that track practice has been cancelled for today due to the weather. I will be sending out another e-mail later tonight about the meet schedule for this week.
However, I did want to put you on alert that Warren East is doing a make-up meet from the one that got rained out. I think we all remember that freezing, rainy afternoon! The makeup meet will be this Thursday at Warren East and there will be a bus taking the kids from BGJHS to Warren East at 4:00. They may start the meet with the events that were not completed and not do the entire meet over, but we don’t know the final decision on that at this time.
We will need 2 volunteers to bring snacks and drinks to the meet on Thursday. Please let me know if you would like to do that.
Hope everyone had a nice Spring Break. It goes by so fast, but now it’s time for everyone to get back to work.
1. PRACTICE: Tuesday and Wednesday this week after school. I know Coach Holmes was meeting with Coach Hamilton at BGHS about getting some of the kids out to BGHS for practicing field events. Will keep you posted on that once I have any information.
2. As I previously indicated Warren East Make-up Date is scheduled for this Thursday at Warren East. Luckily no rain is predicted for this Thursday and it is supposed to be about 76 deg., so will be much more enjoyable than the last try. A bus will take the kids from BGJHS to Warren East at 4:00. We will come up with something to feed the kids before the meet. If you want your child to ride home with you from the meet, there will again be a parent sign out sheet. If not, the bus will bring kids back to BGJHS after the meet. I do need two volunteers for snacks and drinks, so please let me know if you could bring either.
1. Green Gator meet is this coming Saturday at WKU. The meet starts at 9:30, so kids should get there no later than 8:45 that morning. Admission is $3.00. Bring chairs because there is limited seating. The weather forecast right now for Saturday is 30 percent chance of showers and high of 56 deg., so be sure your kids (and you) are dressed in layers (and possibly carrying umbrellas) before coming to keep warm (and dry) before and during the meet.
** According to the information posted on KTCCCA for the Great Gator meet on Saturday there is free Parking in WKU Structure #1 and #2 for Track and Field Fans. Also, the meet is at the WKU track across the railroad tracks, not at the football field where the old track was. If you turn on Old Morgantown Road and cross the railroad tracks, you will take the first left past the apartments and keep going until you run into the track. FYI.
2. If you ordered warm-ups, they should be here this week and will be handed out at practice as soon as possible, so they will come in handy on Saturday.
3. I understand that baseball season has started. If your child is unable to attend practice or a meet, please let Coach Holmes or myself know so that we will not count on them participating.