Posts tagged kentucky
Here is a link to this Saturdays Middle School State Championship performance list.
Bowling Green will be traveling this Friday, May 3 to compete in the 4th annual running of the Kentucky Dream Mile for the state’s elite high school boys and girls distance runners hosted by Saint Xavier High School.
Quarter of the field of 16 will be represented by four Purples, BGHS Juniors Sarah-Emily Woodward, Lauren Wheeler, Ciara Scott, and Freshman Brittney Hansen will have a chance to showcase their talent under the lights with the best milers in the state. The qualifying standard for the Girls – 5:13 (1600) or 5:15 (Mile). Congratulations girls! Awesome job!
1. 5:02.42 Katherine Receveur, Assumption
2. 5:08.12 Maggie Allen, Sacred Heart
3. 5:12.83 Sarah-Emily Woodward, Bowling Green
4. 5:12.92 Cassidy Hale, duPont Manual
5. 5:13.47 Kelly Klump, Oldham Co.
6. 5:13.51 Lauren Wheeler, Bowling Green
7. 5:14.82 Amelia Reynolds. Daviess Co.
8. 5:14.91 Mattie Gottbrath, duPont Manual
9. 5:15.04 Brittney Hansen, Bowling Green
10. 5:16.72 Caitlin Carroll, Sacred Heart
11. 5:16.79 Ciara Scott, Bowling Green
12. 5:17.00 Amy Hansen, Notre Dame
13. 5:17.26 Emily Bean, Assumption
14. 5:17.52 Samantha Simms, Sacred Heart
15. 5:18.35 Megan Carrico, Assumption
16. 5:18.53 Whitney O’Bryan, Daviess Co.
17. 5:19.77 Kyndel Guyton, Assumption
18. 5:19.82 Kristen Hale, duPont Manual
8:00 PM – Introduction of Girls Kentucky Dream Mile participants
8:10 PM – Running of the 4th Annual Girls Kentucky Dream Mile
8:20 PM – Girls Kentucky Dream Mile Awards Presentation
8:30 PM – Introduction of Boys Kentucky Dream Mile participants
8:40 PM – Running of the 4th Annual Boys Kentucky Dream Mile
8:50 PM – Boys Kentucky Dream Mile Awards Presentation
Bowling Green Purple Striders 5K Run/Walk
Sponsored By: Bowling Green Cross Country Boosters.
Benefits BGHS Cross Country Program.
Place: Bowling Green High School, 1801 Rockingham Lane, Bowling Green, Ky.
Date: Saturday, July 28th 2012
Time: 6:30 AM – Registration (up until race time)
7:30 AM – 5K Run 20-24 50-54
8:00 AM – 2 mile walk (no jogging/running will be allowed)
8:30 AM – Awards
Entry Fee: $15.00 before July 24th
$18.00 Day of Race (Student/Cross Country runner $12)
12 & under
60 & up
Awards: All preregistered entrants will receive a colorful short sleeve T-shirt. Extra T-shirts will
be available on a first come, first-serve basis. Trophies will be given to the overall and master
winners (both male and female) in the 5K run and to the winners of the 2 mile walk. Medals/awards
will be given to the top three finishers in each age group in the 5K run and to the top five finishers
(male and female) in the 2 mile walk.
Make checks payable to: Bowling Green Purple Striders. Send all checks and entries to: Matt
Hamilton, 3343 Nugget Drive, Bowling Green, Ky. 42104
Note: The 2 mile walk will have the same start/finish line as the 5K, but it will only include one loop.
If you arrive after the 7:30 AM 5K start time, please use the first school driveway once you turn off
Westen onto Rockingham and come around behind the school building to avoid the race course and
Lauren Wheeler and Ciara Scott nearly broke a 14 year old BGHS school record in the One Mile run with a time of 5:09.13 placing 5th and Ciara Scott who finished in 6th with a time of 5:10.08 in the Kentucky Dream Mile. Lauren and Ciara were chasing a record which is currently held by Cara Nichols, since 1998 with a time of 5:05.65. Great run to the both of you girls. To see the results of the 2012 Kentucky Dream Mile Results click here.
* I would like to apologize to Cara Nichols, Lauren Wheeler and Ciara Scott. The source of the records was clearly wrong as it was pointed out to me today. KYTRACKXC.com (BG Records) has Lauren, listed as the record holder. Cara Nichols ran 5:05.65 on 6/19/98 at the National Scholastic Outdoors Meet. Not sure why KYTRACKXC.com does not reflect this achievement.
Congratulations to all of you who participated this past weekend at the Western Kentucky Middle School Invitational. We had another school record broken in the 200m by Rose Mary Jackson with a new best time of 28.80. Congratulations Rose Mary! Here are the complete results. Click Here