Posts tagged track info
Once more, here is the line up for Thursday. THe meet will begin around 4:45, so please come around 4ish. Please take note of the couple of places that are still vacant. If you have not signed up, please let me know that you can help. We will not have HIGH JUMP on Thursday. But, we have finally been able to order the new high jump pit thanks to all your hard work fundraising!! I am not sure when it will be here, but it’s been ordered!
I really need an ANNOUNCER!!!! or two.
Announcers- need 2
Timers- Lisa, Laura H, donna J, Florence (must leave at 6:30), Naren Meredith, Michele Henry, Jamie Peterson need 1 more please.
Check In- Aimee
Finish Line- Brian Howard, Jef Scott
Blocks and Hurdles- Damon, Bill W, Bill Ramsey
Long jump/triple jump- Tina Crowe, Shannon Kanan
High jump- no high jump this meet
Money at the Gate- Betsy Porter
Concessions- Marrissa Duarte, Johnny Johnsons, Staci Simpson- I have a list of concessions that we usually buy, but think we already have most of what we need. This will be a small meet, just a couple of teams coming, so we may have everything we need. I will ask Steve Cleary, who has all the concessions, and Tracey Burke, who bought everything for the Jr. high meet last week.
Grill- Steve Cleary
Snacks and Drinks for the TEAM- Betsy Porter, Staci Simpson (please get with each other and decide who is bringing the drinks and who is bringing the snacks)
Good evening parents,
We want to be sure you are aware of future track events.
Next week, Tuesday the 20th, we will NOT have the Purple/gold meet. Instead, we will be going to Warren East for a meet. Elizabeth Romen has signed up for Snacks that day for the team. THANK YOU! I need someone to volunteer to bring waters/gatorades in a cooler with ice. Plan for about 35 kids.
Also, Remember Coach Hamilton talking about how the schedule can change? Well, please adjust your calendar with this one as well. On March 24th, we will NOT be going to Henderson. Instead, we will be going to Larue County. I need two volunteers to handle the snacks and drinks for that day. Please email me if you are willing to help. Thank you in advance!
Again….here are a few reminders:
1. If you have not turned in your INFORMATION paper, please do so. This helps us get information to you and your child.
2. Please also send in your athletic fee. Contact me if this is a problem for you.
3.It is time to work on your fundraiser!!! Remember, the goal is for every runner to try to sell $125 worth of sponsorships for the t-shirt we will be printing and selling. The kids should offer to parents, family members and businesses (anyone!) the opportunity to have their name or business on the back of our track and field t-shirt. Info is in your parent folder.
A $10-$49 sponsorship will get their name (or whatever name they wish) at the bottom of the shirt ( on the back).
A $50-$99 sponsorship will get their name in the middle tier area on the back of the shirt.
A $100 or more sponsorship will get their name or business card at the top of the t-shirt. They will also receive a free t-shirt.
Remember, the deadline is March 20th.
4. If you would like to order bags or warm-ups, please see the attachment with the details on that also. This is due by next week.
Your child may turn in any of this to his/her coach, myself, or Lisa Hansen.
Thank you for your help and attention,
You should have already received the alert from BGJHS that track practice has been cancelled for today due to the weather. I will be sending out another e-mail later tonight about the meet schedule for this week.
However, I did want to put you on alert that Warren East is doing a make-up meet from the one that got rained out. I think we all remember that freezing, rainy afternoon! The makeup meet will be this Thursday at Warren East and there will be a bus taking the kids from BGJHS to Warren East at 4:00. They may start the meet with the events that were not completed and not do the entire meet over, but we don’t know the final decision on that at this time.
We will need 2 volunteers to bring snacks and drinks to the meet on Thursday. Please let me know if you would like to do that.
Hope everyone had a nice Spring Break. It goes by so fast, but now it’s time for everyone to get back to work.
1. PRACTICE: Tuesday and Wednesday this week after school. I know Coach Holmes was meeting with Coach Hamilton at BGHS about getting some of the kids out to BGHS for practicing field events. Will keep you posted on that once I have any information.
2. As I previously indicated Warren East Make-up Date is scheduled for this Thursday at Warren East. Luckily no rain is predicted for this Thursday and it is supposed to be about 76 deg., so will be much more enjoyable than the last try. A bus will take the kids from BGJHS to Warren East at 4:00. We will come up with something to feed the kids before the meet. If you want your child to ride home with you from the meet, there will again be a parent sign out sheet. If not, the bus will bring kids back to BGJHS after the meet. I do need two volunteers for snacks and drinks, so please let me know if you could bring either.
1. Green Gator meet is this coming Saturday at WKU. The meet starts at 9:30, so kids should get there no later than 8:45 that morning. Admission is $3.00. Bring chairs because there is limited seating. The weather forecast right now for Saturday is 30 percent chance of showers and high of 56 deg., so be sure your kids (and you) are dressed in layers (and possibly carrying umbrellas) before coming to keep warm (and dry) before and during the meet.
** According to the information posted on KTCCCA for the Great Gator meet on Saturday there is free Parking in WKU Structure #1 and #2 for Track and Field Fans. Also, the meet is at the WKU track across the railroad tracks, not at the football field where the old track was. If you turn on Old Morgantown Road and cross the railroad tracks, you will take the first left past the apartments and keep going until you run into the track. FYI.
2. If you ordered warm-ups, they should be here this week and will be handed out at practice as soon as possible, so they will come in handy on Saturday.
3. I understand that baseball season has started. If your child is unable to attend practice or a meet, please let Coach Holmes or myself know so that we will not count on them participating.